Surgical Instrument Management Solution
Eirthemis applies the technology and know-how of "Digital Yatai" used in Roland DG's product assembly plants.
This surgical instrument management solution tracks the usage history of surgical instruments in healthcare facilities and improves the quality and efficiency of maintenance work. This system was developed jointly with National Hospital corporation and Hamamatsu University School of Medicine.
3 Software Modules
Master File Database
An electronic work instruction system that can digitize analog work instruction sheets of paper being used in hospital. This new digital system can easily search and display records on screen.
A system for surgical tool component management functions that integrates with Eirthemis MD. Add tools and their characteristics to the database with this software.
Business Intelligence Manager
Business analytics system that integrates with Eirthemis MD and Eirthemis KT for system performance management.
Master File Database
Eirthemis MD is an electronic work instruction display system which is the basis of Eirthemis solution which enables you to digitize, search, and display traditional paper-based work instructions used in healthcare facilities. This solution eliminates the time-consuming organization and storage of a paper-based filing system.
Eirthemis MD makes it possible for entry level team members to search for work instructions such as "equipment name", "department name", and "set name". In addition, this system can log notes about previous assignments in a digital record that eliminates the human error that can be caused by "verbal communication". By writing necessary information in the electronic work instruction sheet, it becomes possible to communicate information to all users.
- Digitize and centrally locate analog work instruction documents
- Digitized documents can be easily searched and displayed on a Windows PC or tablet
- Eliminates the risk of turnover to have a central library of documents and training materials
- Information sharing is simplified
- Set a remarks column in work instructions. By entering notes and application items you can prevent the occurrence of information gaps.
- Virtually eliminate "Human Error"
Refine set display screen
Handwritten memo function screen
Remarks Input screen
Eirthemis KT is software that can add surgical tool component management functionality to Eirthemis MD (Electronic Work Instruction Display System).
Preparation of the conventional surgical set is done by looking at paper manuals, identifying the necessary equipment, and carrying out the attached maintenance instructions. Work quality often depends on the technician doing the organizing, and since work history management is often not done in many cases, surgical instruments can be misplaced and "correct maintenance" is not completed. In order to prevent this extra confirmation work is required; which can increase the workload of the team and training costs.
Eirthemis KT will prepare the "Surgical Set" while reading two-dimensional barcodes stamped on each piece of medical equipment. Since we can confirm in the system whether we are always selecting the right tool, it is possible to build an environment where anyone can do work of constant quality without depending on the degree of proficiency. Workflows can be standardized and "tribal knowledge" is eliminated.
- Contribute to inventory optimization through accurate surgical tool management Through the individual item management of instruments using individual two-dimensional barcodes stamped on medical equipment, it is possible to grasp and manage tool history, frequency of usage and repairs, and total inventory of medical instruments in the facility
- Ability to perform reliable work and manage work history By digitizing the process through software, human error is minimized and more team members can contribute to the process with little training
- Efficiency of work During field testing experiments, DGSHAPE found that a new team member can work equivalent to a skilled worker within three months. Work time is reduced by about 40% compared to conventional workflows. We also confirmed that preparation mistakes were virtually eliminated.
Set Detail Screen
Individual item management screen
Business Intelligence Manager
Eirthemis BIManager is software that can compile various data obtained by operating Eirthemis MD / KT and display it easily. In addition to the total number of surgical instruments and operating rate, it is possible to display the actual work time.
In small to medium-sized hospitals, the total number of inventory of surgical instruments to be managed is around 20,000 and inventory amounts are around 100 million yen, but most hospitals do not have accurate inventory counts, and asset management as well as operation status can be inaccurate.
As a result of this, surgical incidents caused by damaged or malfunctioning medical equipment are reported to the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare. There are approximately 800 cases per year.
- "Stock usage rate" information display The status of instrument usage in the hospital is displayed in this list. By using this function you can identify inventory use trends.
- Repair information display function Repair analysis can be completed using compiled data. It is possible to identify broken equipment by time of incident, cause, number of uses while broken, and repair history.
- "Sterilization period support" display function This establishes a deadline for sterilization for medical instruments and labels each item as sterilized. When a device passes the deadline, the sterilization label disappears, and sterilization needs to be performed again regardless of device usage. With this function, it becomes possible to optimize the sterilization inventory and reduce costs associated with error processing. This also greatly reduces the possibility of hospital acquired infections.
Display availability and utilization
Repair history management
About the new brand "Eirthemis"
Eirthemis is a combination of two characters from European mythologies:
Eir - In Norse mythology, Eir is a goddess associated with medical skill and healing.
Themis - In Greek mythology, Themis is a goddess of law and order.
Eirthemis represents the symbolic union of healing and order. Eirthemis leverages technology to promote favorable patient outcomes in the healthcare field and improve efficiencies within the hospital environment.