- The Company will fully comply with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and related laws thereto as well as other regulations.
- The Company will establish rules for the protection of personal information and strictly comply with such rules.
- The Company will implement reasonably safe measures against unauthorized access to personal information and the loss, destruction, falsification and/or leakage, etc. of personal information.
- The Company will inspect the compliance condition of, and continuously improve, its rules for the protection of personal information.
June 29, 2018 DGSHAPE Corporation Hisashi Bito, President
Definition of Personal Information “Personal information” means information pertaining to individuals which is information regarding living individuals and which may identify specific individuals based on names, birth dates or any other descriptions, etc. contained in such information (including information that may be easily combined with other information, thereby enabling such information to positively identify specific individuals), or information containing the identification codes of individuals.
Management of Personal Information
- The Company will endeavor to maintain personal information of customers accurately and on an up-to-date basis and to delete such information without delay when such information is no longer necessary.
- The Company will provide education and training in the protection of personal information to its executives and employees and endeavor to raise their awareness of personal information protection.
- The Company will endeavor to protect the personal information of customers and will designate individual(s) who will be in charge of personal information protection.
- The Company will safely manage the personal information of customers and take reasonable safety measures against unauthorized access to, and the loss, destruction, falsification and/or leakage, etc. of, personal information of customers.
Collection of Personal Information The Company will lawfully collect customer personal information in accordance with laws and regulations, and will not collect personal information of customers by deceitful or other dishonest means.
Purposes of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers
The Company will use personal information of customers within the scope of the following purposes of use as well as the scope of the purpose of use described in the other pages of the Company’s website, or in the Company’s individual notices or publications:
- To manage customer information such as the placement and receipt of orders, and the shipping and purchase history in relation to the selling of products and goods;
- To provide maintenance services concerning products;
- To deliver information and catalogs requested by customers;
- To recommend to customers products and goods, suggested utilization methods of products or goods, campaigns, events, and workshops, etc.;
- To deliver prizes to customers;
- To reflect the opinions of customers in product development or the improvement or development of services; and
- To respond to opinions and requests from customers.
In the event the Company’s use of a customer’s personal information falls beyond the scope of the above-mentioned purposes, the Company will inform the customer of such use in advance, and obtain the customer’s consent for such use.
Provision to Third Parties The Company will not disclose to any third party personal information of customers, except when:
- Consent is given by the customer;
- Such information is used as statistical data and modified into a form that cannot be used to identify individual customers;
- It is deemed necessary to protect any material interest of customers or the public; or
- It is considered necessary under applicable laws or regulations.
Provision of Personal Information to Consigned Parties To the extent necessary for achievement of the purposes of use provided in the section entitled “Purposes of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers” above, when all of or a part of the Company’s customer personal information handling is consigned to a third party, the Company may provide the personal information of customers to the following parties:
- Any distributor dealing in the products and/or goods of the Company and/or its parent company; and
- Any business partner who has entered into an agreement with the Company concerning the protection of personal information.
Joint Use of Personal Information The Company may engage in the joint use of its customer’s personal information in the manner set forth below:
- Type of personal information of customers that may be provided:
Personal information of customers including name, company name, postal code, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, purchase history, type of agreements signed with the Company, gender, age, etc.
- The Scope of Joint Users
Parent Company of the Company
- Purposes of Use by Users
- To enhance the services provided by the Company pursuant to the section entitled “Purposes of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers” above.
- To achieve the purposes of use which are similar to the purposes set forth in the section entitled “Purposes of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers” above, with regard to the products and/or goods of the Company’s parent company.
- Names of those Responsible for the Management of Customers’ Personal Information
- DGSHAPE Corporation
Disclosure and Correction of Information If a customer requests the disclosure or correction of his/her personal data, the Company, upon confirmation that the person making such request is the customer in question, the Company will disclose or correct such information; provided, however, there is no particular reason not to make such disclosure or correction.
Protection of Personal Information at Linked Websites The Company may provide links to websites of third parties on the Company’s website; however, the Company does not administer such third party websites. We recommend that customers examine and confirm for themselves the privacy policies of such linked websites.
Contact Information The Company has established a point of contact concerning the protection of personal information of customers as follows. For inquiries concerning your personal information, or for requests to discontinue providing personal information to a third party, or for requests for disclosure or corrections of your personal information, etc., please contact the following office:
[Personal Information Inquiry Office]
6-4, Shinmiyakoda 1-chome, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka-ken
Marketing Unit Market Development Dept.